The University of the Virgin Islands CECOR main's objective is to recruit and train future cybersecurity experts within the Virgin Islands. The K-20 Cybersecurity CECOR (Consortium Enabling Cybersecurity Opportunities & Research) Project will include students from K-12, as well as undergraduates and graduate students.
Learn more about the CECOR Program by:
- Reading how the CECOR program started by clicking here.
- What the grant means for the CECOR program at UVI by clicking here.
- Viewing UVI's partnering universities, laboratories, and school district by clicking here.
- Becoming familiar with the staff and faculty members of the UVI CECOR Program by clicking here, and
- Understanding the importance of cybersecurity by clicking here.
UVI Cybersecurity Summer Programs
The University of the Virgin Islands was awarded a five-year grant from the U.S. Department of Energy’s (DOE) National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA), as part of a White House strategy to strengthen cybersecurity expertise in America. With this grant, UVI is able to offer Virgin Islanders an opportunity to be part of the exciting field of cyber security. For more information on programs the UVI CECOR Program offers click here.
UVI CECOR Cybersecurity Scholars Program
To be selected as Scholar, interested students CECOR scholar students must have a strong interest in pursuing a career in cybersecurity. Students should be available during summers and willing to be part of UVI CECOR activities. Click here more information on the CECOR Scholars Program.