SANS – the global leader in cybersecurity training and certification – is hosting our next SANS+HBCU Cyber Ranges competition - Black History Month Edition! This is a FOUR DAY event from Friday, Feb 19, 2021 through Monday Feb 22, 2021. The range will be open for competition on February 19th at 9 am ET and will remain open, around the clock, until it officially closes on February 22nd at 6 pm ET. Participants should feel free to come and go as they please. The Cyber Range will be open around the clock for 81 hours to provide maximum flexibility.
Throughout this four-day event, participants will gain cybersecurity skills by competing in a self-paced, independent, hands-on challenge. The skills gained from our CTF are applicable to real-world jobs and include concepts such as:
- Using a command line interface
- Scripting and programming
- Thinking creatively
- Interaction with pcaps and flow logs, parsing, extracting, and visualizing packets
- Introduction and use of common forensic tools
- Interaction with common developer pitfalls
Registration is NOW LIVE! Go here to register for this event: https://www.tomahawque.com/
HBCU Cyber Range (Beginner CTF): tough-talk
HBCU Cyber Range (Intermediate CTF): seemly-trip
Welcome to the Event Webcast
Join us on Fri, Feb 19th at 8:30 am ET for a 30 minute welcome session prior to the Cyber Range start. We will review the details of the event and answer any questions you have. Register for the webcast here: https://sans.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_FeEivuhPRMiNi9-NjaU9LQ (This is an optional webcast and is not required to participate in the Cyber Range Competition.)
- Completed Summer Programs The CECOR program at UVI has trained more than 150 students Grades 6-16. featured their first set of cybersecurity summer camps, workshops, and forum. To learn more about past summer programs hosted by the CECOR program click here.